Instructions to the importer:
· The vehicle shall be in conformity with the Kingdom's standards, and its steering system shall not undergo modification.
· It is prohibited to import the vehicles which their age exceeds five years from the model year for motor cars, buses and light transport trucks, and the period shall not exceed 10 years for heavy transport trucks.
· It is prohibited to import used vehicle spare parts except the main spare parts such as 'transmission, vehicle body, differential, engine', provided that they are packed in boxes, clean and free of grease and lubricants,
and attached to them is a conformity certificate confirming that they have been reconditioned and written on them the word 'reconditioned' in a non-removable manner.
· It is prohibited to import secondhand vehicles with the purpose of disassembling them and selling them in a form of spare parts inside the Kingdom, provided that such vehicles age exceeds five years and have been subject to traffic
accidents or drowning.
· Antique vehicles are allowed to be imported provided that they were manufactured more than 30 years ago, and note on the customs card 'acquired as antique'.
· There are no damages on the vehicle body, but if damages occur at the arrival port, a certificate from the competent authorities is required to be submitted.
· It is not allowed to import vehicles that have been subject to accidents such as drowning, fire, collision, rollover, etc., but for Saudi vehicles that have been subject to collision accident outside the Kingdom, an authenticated
report on the accident is required to be submitted to the traffic department at the port.
· The vehicles used as taxicab, for rent or by police are not allowed to be imported.
· Verify the validity of the documents and match them against the chassis number recorded on the vehicle and verify the model validity.
· Vehicles in which there is scratching off, wiping out or modification on the chassis number are not allowed to be imported.
· Buses with yellow color bearing slogans related to school transport such as 'red notice sign, stop sign and writings pertaining to school transport' are not allowed to be imported.
· The importer's residence authorization shall be valid, if the importer is not a citizen of any of the GCC states.
· It shall not be permissible to import more than two vehicles per year, if the importer does not have a commercial registration legalizing business activity in vehicle sale and import.