General Requirements of Import:
- The importer shall have a commercial registration in which the type of importer's activity matches the imported goods type.
- Original invoice attested by the agency responsible for trade in the exporting country.
- Certificate from the exporting country stating that the consignment is in conformity with the approved Saudi or international specifications.
- Original certificate of origin legalized by the Chamber of Commerce in the exporting country.
- Irremovable label showing the country of origin affixed on the commodity.
- Foodstuff validity period together with ingredients should be labeled in Arabic in accordance with the Saudi or GCC specifications.
- Register medical preparations at the Ministry of Health (especially medicaments and herbs).
Actions Taken by Customs:
- Submit a sample to the Quality Control Laboratory at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry according to goods type.
- Publications whether readable, audible or visual should be presented to the Ministry of Information and Culture's representative to verify their compliance with the - Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) regulation.
- Animals and plants should be submitted to the Ministry of Agriculture's quarantine facilities at the port to decide whether to be released or not.